The Brittany Buzz - February 2015 Edition



The latest news, information, products
and schedule for singer-songwriter Brittany Kingery. 
View this email in your browser
You are receiving the Brittany Buzz because you have at some point asked to be on my email list. Thanks! But if you don't remember or regret doing so, there's  an "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the email. If, on the other hand, you are happy to receive the email, please feel free to forward it to friends or family who you think might also enjoy it! 
 
Photography for this edition of Brittany Buzz courtesy of Emalee Hill and Nadine Valkenberg. All rights reserved.
Share
Tweet
Forward
CHECK OUT MY AWESOME SPONSORS: 
Season in Full Swing
Things have really picked up here in Bucerias and the Puerto Vallarta area, and despite an unusual high season rainy spell of a few days right around the time of a certain football game that ended incorrectly, it's been beautiful! I have been having a lot of fun with my four regular venues and the occasional special event. Every one of my regular gigs has a unique appeal for me so I am excited for every night I get to pack up my ukulele and head off to do a show. At Que Pasa, we get a full house every time we play (alternating Wednesdays, check your local listings), and because Puerto Vallarta is a big city where I haven't been playing for very long, I meet new fans and friends every week! Every Thursday, I play with guitarist Esteban at Mexico's most famous luxury resort, The Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta. They even send a car to pick me up! Because we play in the lobby of the hotel, we have a lot of people walking by while we play, and it's great to see people walk by with the intention of heading back to their rooms, and instead stopping and listening to us! Esteban and I also play every Friday night for "Dinner with Brittany" at Bistro by the Bay in Bucerias, which is a very cool, artsy place with great food and wine, and so intimate that I feel like anyone who comes, if they're not already friends when they come in, they are by the time they leave! "Dinner with Brittany" has been a full house every Friday since we started, so be sure and make a reservation. If you are in town, you can do that in person at Bistro or the Ladybug Restaurant, and if you are coming to town you can do it on the Bistro Facebook page or by email at ladybugkitchen@gmail.com

And of course I play every Sunday at the Drunken Duck in Bucerias, with my full band, which is always fun because that's where I started. It's where people know me and my music best, and it's a thrill to have people in the audience singing along with my songs. And I love letting loose at the end of the show and getting out on the dance floor with everybody! 


Special Events This Month
I have two special events coming up in February. On Valentine's Day February 14, Esteban and I will be the entertainment for a special Valentine's Day dinner at Bistro by the Bay. And then on Wednesday the 18th of February, I will be doing another special event at Bistro by the Bay, this one a concert with my co-writer/guitarist/producer Rob Hill, who will be in town that week. This is likely the one and only South of the Border show he and I will do together this year, and your only chance to hear some of our original music that isn't part of my usual Mexico repertoire. Don't delay in making your reservation for these events, they are sure to fill up fast!  Check above for how to make your Bistro by the Bay reservations. 

Lodging Discounts in Bucerias
Don't forget if you are traveling to Bucerias and are looking for a great place to stay, my friends at  Villas del Sol  offer you a beautiful and friendly boutique hotel and a ten percent discount for people who come to town to see me! Click the link above to visit their website, and when you make your reservation, let them know you're a Brittany fan, and you'll save some pesos! 

Spring and Summer Tour 2015
We will be announcing the dates for the late spring and early summer concluding leg of the Dream in Blue tour in the next edition of the Buzz. Dates are filling up, but there are still a couple of weekend and several weeknight dates available. Please contact me at booking@BrittanyKingery.com  if you would be interested in hosting a concert in your house, backyard or would like to book me at a restaurant or bar in your area. Here's how things are shaping up regionally, in case you are interested in hosting or attending: May 29-June 4, Southern California and Southwest; June 5-9 Texas; June 10-16 Gulf Coast and Florida; June 17-20 Mid-Atlantic; June 21-28 Northeast US and Ontario; June 29-July 5 Midwest; July 8-12 Pacific Northwest. Though the Dream in Blue officially ends at Laid Back Attack in Olympia on the second weekend in July, we will continue to perform primarily in the Pacfic Northwest . British Columbia and Alberta through Labor Day.

 

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. 

 - Walt Disney
Special Dinner Performance
February 18 at Bistro by the Bay

For the first and only time this season, I am joined by my co-writer Rob Hill for a special dinner concert at Bistro by the Bay in Bucerias on Wednesday February 18 at 7 pm. 
 
Major Sponsors Added to July's "Laid Back Attack" Festival in Olympia
Laid Back Attack XIII is shaping up to be an epic event, coming up in my home town of Olympia Washington, from July 9-12. Registrations are proceeding at a record pace, and it's no wonder with a lineup including some of the biggest names in the trop rock genre, like the Boat Drunks, The Calypso Nuts, Stars on the Water, Thom Shepherd, Tall Paul and Crawdaddy, Kelly McGuire, Girlz Rule, Tropical Soul and MORE! I get to kick off the festival on Thursday evening with Rob Hill and Melanie Howe. The event happens at the Red Lion Hotel. Register or get more info here

The event is presented by the Parrot Heads of Puget Sound, who have recently announced that the Stars and Stripes and the Corona Beer Company have both signed on as presenting sponsors of the event, the proceeds of which benefit the men and women of the armed forces through the USO Northwest! 
A Visit from the Field of Dreams
I had a surprise visit from some folks from the Southern Idaho Parrot Head Club who I had met at a house concert at Dave and Judy Sommer's home in Twin Falls, where I had the unique experience of singing to a corn field in what we ended up naming the "Field of Dreams". It was an awesome night in the corn field in Idaho last summer and another awesome night by the bay in Mexico! 
Musician Mark Mulligan Leads Delegation of Volunteers for Outreach for World Hope
    In the first couple of editions of the Buzz, I've highlighted some of the cool projects and people that are making a positive difference in the lives of people in my home town of Bucerias. This month I want to call attention to the important work being done by my friend and fellow expat musician Mark Mulligan, who does a lot of charitable work in his home town of San Carlos, Sonora, but also reaches across Mexico's southern border to Guatemala, where he and the volunteers and sponsors he inspires are literally saving lives. He and his beautiful wife Elsa and their family just returned from a trip there with a group of volunteers and sponsors who help OWH reach the neediest of the needy, often rescuing children from the late stages of malnutrition and bringing them back to good health. 
   I am such an admirer of Mark, not only because he is such a hard working musician and entertainer but because he really lives in the truth that wealth and success are measured not in what you accumulate but in what you are able to give. I'd love to have Mark and some other trop rocking musician friends come visit us in Bucerias next season for a trop rock music festival! 
    You can learn more about Mark and his music and his service projects here and all about Outreach for World Hope here
 

Visit CDBaby.com to add more great independent  music to your collection


The best place to discover and buy music from independent artists that you won't hear on mainstream radio is cdbaby.com. Click the link and type in my name to order a CD or download my music or the music of thousands of other great artists. 

We don't have the on-line Brittany Store set up yet, but we do have some pretty cool stuff we an offer you directly through email and PayPal. Women's Dream in Blue tees and tanks for $25.00, Dream in Blue fridge magnets for $5.00, and "Tequila Talking" shot glasses for $10.00 each or four for $30.00. Drop me an email here.
 
...