The Sauce Boss: Summer Once More




Sauce Boss

Summer Once More

Tour Schedule: Carrabelle, Pensacola Beach, Orange Beach, Tallahassee, Chester, SC, Raleigh, Ashland, VA, Washington DC, Kent Narrows MD, Ellicottville NY, Sharon PA, Warren OH, Buffalo NY. More to come.
Celebration of the Life and Music of Majic John
June 5  The Junction @ Monroe  6 – 9 PM

John Michael Jones 1948-2016
Intelligent, funny,  kind, generous, and musically gifted are a few words that come to mind. He was a good man. I first played with Majic John in 1967. Over the next few decades, we did occasional gigs together, played in a few bands together, until 1993, when he became my full time bass player. We spent sixteen years traveling all over the states, as well as Canada and Europe. He was always ready to jump in the van, or hop a flight. He loved to travel to new places, to see the sights, taste the food, and sip the wine and whiskey. We had a real good time. So with tears  of sorrow and joy, I must say, "Bon voyage, my brother".
Big Dog CD
"Let the Big Dog Eat" rears its head once more. Albert Castiglia (That's Ka-Steel-Ya) is about to release his latest CD featuring my tune, Let the Big Dog Eat. The song has already debuted at #1 on XM Radio.   It's done me well: It was used by Jonathan Demme in his movie, "Something Wild". It was also covered by Alex Taylor (James Taylor's brother). "Let the Big Dog Eat" was also featured on Jimmy Buffett's "Late Night Menu at the Margaritaville Cafe" CD. And NOW… Albert does a smokin version of the tune. He would come to see me play at Tobacco Road when he was a boy. Now he's a Big Dog. Congratulations Albert.
RussianChatchkasLittle
NAZDOROVYE Russian House
307 East 5th Street Austin, TX 78701   512-428-5442
Right next to Antone's in Austin, Texas, this is a culinary oasis in a neighborhood of over priced tourist traps. It's like visiting your  Russian relatives at supper time.  All things Russian decorate  the place. The coat rack is full of Russian military coats. The ambience is steeped in the dark atmosphere of some really thick novel, heavy with  what has happened. Like Doctor Zhivago could walk in the door and sit down to dinner. And the bar is…vodka. They gave us free shots.
BorschtLittle
I had to try the Borsch.  Delish!  So for a couple of bowls of soup, sauerkraut, bread, and the shots, we got out of there for around $20.
RR2Hawk
The Wild…
This hawk perched next to the pond behind my studio was curious. I stood within eight feet of him for fifteen minutes and we had a moment of checkin each other out. I've had so many close encounters with "The Wild". When I was a kid I spent a great deal of my time exploring the swamps around my home in Longwood, Florida. There I found a deep respect for the gators, snakes, fowls, and all critters that populated the dark and murky environs. They were real. They showed me awareness of the viscerality of life in the swamp.  I carry that awareness with me to this day. I am wild.
Moose1
Once I saw a moose in the Grand Tetons. I had been warned to not get too close, especially if it's a cow and calf together. They can be very dangerous.
Moose2
I moved closer to get a better look. I got a pretty good picture of her.
Moose3
Just chillin, havin a drink o that pure Teton stream.
Moose4
She was oblivious to my presence.
Moose5
Then she looked up. Straight at me.
Moose6
Continuing to drink, she kept an eye on me.
Moose7
Then she turned around.
Moose8
That's when I noticed the calf.
Moose9
Cute little Bullwinkle.
Moose10
Mom continued to drink.
Moose11
So baby moose wants something to drink also.
Moose12
As the calf approaches mom, she looks straight at me…
Moose13
Then she walks toward me. She's checkin me out.
Moose15
Just then the calf runs to mother.
Moose17
Uh Oh…
Moose18
Good Stuff!
Moose19
So Mom takes a look around, checkin me out… then… she…
Moose20
CHARGES!!!!!
Moose21
With her eyes on me and calf in tow.
Moose22
She ran right past me.  Her calf is on her heals. And I'm here to tell you bout it. WOW!!!!!
Summer Fruit Salad
FruitSaladLittle_edited-1

Use what you have, and what you can get. The blackberries, basil (African, Thai, and Italian), and guava flowers are from the yard. Then there's mango, orange, lemon, grapefruit, and apple.  and lemon juice squeezed over the whole thing. Y'all have a salad of a Summer. Let the Big Dog Eat!
unsubscribe