SCOTT KIRBY's Mumbo Jumbo July 2017



View this email in your browser
July 2017

On to the Midwest and points east

Happy Summer Solstice! It's 9:30 in the evening here in Montana, and there is a lot of light and a good bit of snow still left on the mountains east of Livingston.

I finished my swing through the west in Boise last weekend and am heading to the Midwest for shows beginning with a house concert near Minneapolis on June 24. Then I go to the great state of Wisconsin to perform at the Brink Lounge in Madison on June 28, up north to a private show on July 1, on to the Pines in Mercer on July 2, and back down to play at the New Glarus Hotel for a special July 4th afternoon show. New Glarus, founded by Swiss settlers and home to one of the great US beer brewers, is always one of my favorite places to perform and spend a few days off. Spotted Cow soon come!

On July 6, we head to Illinois to perform our annual gig at Timber Pointe near Rockford and then on to a private concert in Chicago on July 7 and another in Springfield on July 8. From there I drive east to New England for a mid-summer break before resuming the tour on July 22 at the wonderful Courthouse Center for the Arts in West Kingston, Rhode Island, the Beverly Hills Tavern in Reading, PA, Natalie's in Worthington, Ohio, and finish out the month with a couple of private events in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Featured new venues

I'm feeling fortunate to be booked at a growing number of wonderful listening rooms and theaters that are new venues for me, both in my solo career and with the Mayer Kirby Mayer Acoustic Group. I'd like to feature these periodically, as I hope to make them a part of my annual tour schedule and introduce you to some great places that feature lots of superb national touring acts.

I'll be performing Saturday, July 22, at the Courthouse Center for the Arts with special guest guitarist Bob Doolittle. I haven't been to Rhode Island in a while so am really looking forward to playing in this intimate venue. Another new stop for me will be Natalie's in Worthington, Ohio, on July 27. Peter and Brendan Mayer recently performed there and loved it.

Speaking of Peter and Brendan, the MKM Acoustic Group just got booked at the Flying Monkey in Plymouth, New Hampshire. Recent performers there include David Crosby, Los Lonely Boys, Clint Black, and Graham Nash, so we're thrilled to be included in their summer line-up on Thursday, August 24.
The Flying Monkey, Plymouth, NH
For our friends in central New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine: please mark August 24 on your calendar, or go online to get tickets, as we would really like a great turnout for this one! Details and ticket information for these and other dates are on my website.

Preview of Chasing Hemingway's Ghost on Facebook Live

The front cover of my forthcoming CD is the concept of my friend and Key West native Dink Bruce, and his beautiful photograph is the basis for it. He is the only person I know who spent time with Ernest Hemingway as his father Toby was the great writer's assistant for decades. Some of Dink's other photos and sketches will be featured elsewhere on the CD cover.

On July 24 and 25 I'm going to be in the studio in Nashville listening to the final mixes, and if all goes well, we're hoping those of you on Facebook might tune in live to hear a new song or two. The new CD is on schedule for a mid-October release, but please join producer Andy Thompson and me for a live preview on July 25 at 6pm eastern time on Facebook.

I'll be performing at several CD release events in October, culminating in a November 2 concert at the Meeting of the Minds Festival in Key West with Matt and Andy Thompson, Brendan Mayer, and guests Peter Mayer and Emily Randall. More on that next month, and ...

        Thanks for listening!

Copyright © 2017 Scott Kirby, All rights reserved.
www.scottkirby.com
unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences