Scott Kirby's Mumbo Jumbo November 2017



View this email in your browser
November 2017

FALL IN FLORIDA

Being a New England boy, fall in Florida always feels refreshing to me, like spring. After all, there's not much difference between being cooped up indoors in winter and shuttered in air-conditioning all summer.

It's a beautiful morning here on Marco Island. The sun is sparkling off the whitecaps on the bay under a clear blue sky. A cool northeast breeze has blown away the oppressive heat and humidity of summer and driven the overnight temps into the 50s. Hopefully hurricane season is over.

Thousands of workers from Tampa to Key West are busy cleaning up towering piles of debris and trees from Irma, and many unfortunate people are pondering what to do next with their damaged and destroyed homes. The state is still abuzz with insurance adjusters, relief workers and utility contractors, but Florida is coming back.

PARROTHEADS AND NORMALCY RETURN TO CAYO HUESO

The annual flocking of Parrotheads for the Meeting of the Minds Festival in Key West is always a welcome time of year for me. It signals the end of my dizzying seven-month tour, the start of a week of celebration and music with some of my favorite people, and allows me to catch my musical breath and settle on the familiar Smokin' Tuna stage for a few weeks at a time.

This year is particularly special for me, as I'm debuting my new CD on the main stage of the Casa Marina at 6pm on Thursday, November 2 with an awesome band featuring Matt and Andy Thompson from the Massacoustics on drums, guitar and vocals, Paul Arntz on bass, and special guests Emily Randle, Peter Mayer, Brendan Mayer and Clinton Bullard.

Andy Thompson produced Chasing Hemingway's Ghost, and he and brother Matt played nearly every instrument on the CD, so it's wonderful to have them on stage for this concert. An added bonus is I get to hear them play as the Massacoustics at the Smokin' Tuna on Saturday and Sunday, November 4 and 5.

I'll be performing the early set (5:30–8:30 pm) at the Tuna October 30 and 31, then with guitarist Caffeine Carl on November 1 at 9:00pm, and then the early set again on November 3 and 4.

 
Matt and Andy Thompson with Scott Kirby
I am remaining in Key West to perform a number of dates through Thanksgiving eve, so please check my schedule online.

CHASING HEMINGWAY'S GHOST GOES TO EUROPE!

I'm pleased to announce we will be collaborating with Hemifran Music to release Chasing Hemingway's Ghost in the UK and other parts of Europe this week. I worked with promoter Peter Holmstedt of Hemifran when Row Me Home was released in 2008, and the album was favorably reviewed in dozens of musical publications and played in about 15 countries. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a favorable reception for this CD as well.
 
Thanks to all those of you who have bought the CD at shows or online and to the many of you who posted such positive comments on my Facebook page.

And thanks, as ever, for listening!

Copyright © 2017 Scott Kirby, All rights reserved.
www.scottkirby.com
unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences